The Contest is announced, organized and sponsored by BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE a.s., residing at Stříbrná Lhota 747, 252 10 Mníšek pod Brdy, Czech Republic, registered in the Commercial Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, section B, insert 9791 (Id.No.: 272 18 864, DIČ: CZ 272 18 864). Authorized representative of the Organizer: Lada Brabcová, tel.: +420 910 059 201, e-mail: email@example.com (further as the "Organizer").
Object of the Contest
- The Object of this Contest is to create an original texture for in-game billboard in the environment of Project Argo game.
- The Contest is announced as public and will be publicly announced at the official website of the Organizer (i.e. www.bistudio.com) and on the website of the PC game Project Argo (www.projectargo.net). After the final decision of the Jury, the results of the Contest will be announced on the above listed websites in the same manner as the launch of this Contest. Each winner will receive an official e-mail message with information about their placement and the prize at the e-mail address used for their submissions.
Terms of the Contest
- The Contest is announced on 6th December 2016.
- Entries must be submitted no later than on 17th January 2017 at 17:00 CET (GMT+1).
- The Winners of the Contest will be announced on 22nd January 2017.
- The Contest can be entered by individuals provided that they comply with the following rules:
- they did not participate in the defining of the object of this Contest or of its announcement,
- they are not employees of the Organizer,
- they are not members of the Jury of this Contest,
- they duly meet all the Contest Rules.
- External developers: External developers of the Organizer whose business relationships are based solely on a Framework Agreements or Individual Production Agreement can also take part in the competition. No preliminary notice to Organizer is required in the event of their participation.
- Entries must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By submitting of the Entry to e-mail address email@example.com the Participant:
- declares that he fully understood and agreed with these Contest Rules and that he is fully capable to participate in this Contest.
- represents and warrants, with respect to each Entry submitted by him in this Contest, that the Entry is the result of his own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors.
- agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Organizer and its affiliates from and against any third-party claims arising from or as a result of (i) a breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties by such entrant, or (ii) a breach or violation of any of the other provisions of these Official Rules by such entrant.
- Any Entry that is in breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties or is otherwise in violation of these Contest Rules will be deemed void and automatically be disqualified from this Contest.
- Submission e-mail may contain either the Entries or link to download Entries from a web-based repository.
- All Participants may submit any number of Entries in any number of submission messages. Each Entry will be evaluated separately and the Participant may become winner of more Prizes.
- All Participants are allowed to update their submissions by sending a new Submission e-mail.
- Technical requirements: Entries must be submitted as PNG images with size 2048x1024 pixels.
- Content Requirements:
- Entries must fit into the environment of Project Argo. For purpose of creating of the Entry, Participants are free to exploit and expand the existing Arma series and Project Argo intellectual property.
- The content of the Entries must not infract anyone's rights, including any intellectual property rights or licenses.
- The Entries must not contain any obscene, offensive or derogatory elements, imagery or texts.
- Handling and promotion of Entries: Participants can handle their Entries freely according to Arma 3 EULA and conditions stated in the Contest Rules. As such, submitted Entries, their updates or samples can be made publicly available by the Participant at any time during the Contest, and Participants are free to publicly inform about their Entries and to promote them.
Evaluation of Entries and Selection of the Winners
- The selection of Winners will be held by the Jury consisting of Petr Motejzík (Project Argo Art Director) and Ivan Buchta (Project Argo Creative Director).
- The awarding and placement of the Contest Entries will be determined at the sole discretion of the Jury based on free evaluation of the extent to which the individual Entries meet the Contest criteria.
- The number of the awarded Entries will be determined by the Organizer according to number and quality of submitted Entries.
- The decision of the Organizer and the Jury is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
- Following Prizes will be awarded to all Winners:
- The awarded Entries will be published as part of the environment of Project Argo and as part of free DLC for Arma 3.
- Authors of all the awarded Entries will be mentioned in the Credits of Project Argo game and in Credits of Arma 3 game.
- For purposes of delivery of the Prizes as described above the Participant undertakes to conclude, after being announced a Winner, a license agreement or any other agreement with the Organizer which may seem necessary for the Organizer to be able to incorporate the Entry or any part of it into its products or to be able to use them in any other way he finds sufficient.
- Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any Prize for one of equal or greater value or to award extra prizes to any Winner.
- Obstacles on the part of the Winners concerning the delivery or acceptance of the Prizes as well as the rejection of the Prize by the Winner shall not constitute the Organizer’s responsibilities under these Contest Rules.
- Rules for possible change of the method of the distribution of Prizes, or eventual non-awarding of some of the Prizes: In case of an inadequate quality of submitted Entries, the Organizer reserves the right to not to award all the Prizes specified in these Contest Rules.
- Reimbursement of the expenses related to the participation in the Contest: All Participants enter and participate in the Contest at their own expenses; the Organizer will not provide any reimbursements besides the Prizes.
- Applicable law: The Contest is announced and governed by the laws of the Czech Republic, namely but not limitedly to respective provisions of the Act N°89/2012 Coll., Civil Code as well as by other provisions of relevant legislation.
- Conflict resolution:
- There may be no appeal against the decision of the Jury.
- The Prizes are not judicially enforceable.
- Withdrawal from the Contest:
- The Contest can be withdrawn from only for substantial reasons.
- Withdrawal from the Contest will be realized and announced in the same manner as the announcement of these Contest Rules.
- The Organizer reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Organizer’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion. In addition, the Organizer reserves the right to take down and remove any Entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right.
- The Organizer reserves the right to modify or add to the Contest Rules. In such event, the Organizer will announce the modification of the Contest Rules by means of notification on the Contest Website.
- Approval of the Contest Rules: These Contest Rules were approved by the Organizer in their final version 6th December 2016.